Maria's Math News, May 2017
Welcome to May!
In this edition:
1. Math Mammoth newsI will be running a sale soon (in this month)! Stay tuned!
This question has come up numerous times in the past few weeks... people are planning for next year, and many are wondering what to do after Math Mammoth grade 7.
Well, in a nutshell, your student can go to algebra 1. But in more detail, I've written some ideas and recommendations for high school math here.
Are you on Pinterest? Check out this board of Math Mammoth reviews:
2. Looking back: Ten years agoIn my newsletter 10 years ago...
In case you're interested, you can find the old (and new) newsletters at www.mathmammoth.com/newsletter/
3. A neat way to color the multiplication tables chartHere's a different way to look at the multiplication tables chart: COLOR IT!
You weren't bad at maths — you just weren't looking at it the right way
4. Spirolateral math doodlesThis looks like loads of fun! Just a bit of doodling with a certain pattern!
5. A Mathematical FableHere's a video — A Mathematical Fable — that I showed to my girls recently. It ties in with the Pythagorean Theorem and is kind of interesting and funny at the same time! Enjoy!
Thanks for reading!
Feel free to forward this issue to a friend/colleague! Subscribe here.
Till next time,
|Math Mammoth freebies||Math Mammoth on Facebook||Newsletter Archives|
|Inspire4||Complete curriculum||Placement tests|